22 Apr 2013

New Cadbury Pots of Joy - White Chocolate Buttons Review


Following on from my review earlier today of the Dairy Milk Pots of Joy is this White Chocolate Buttons variety. It's simply called "buttons" on the packaging but all the promotional material I've seen refers to it as the White chocolate Buttons so I'll go with that, for now!


The packaging has a fun look with it's wide eyed cartoon penguin, who you might recognise as the character featured on the little bags of Cadbury white chocolate buttons. The pots are described as a "smooth & creamy dessert made with melted Cadbury white chocolate and whipping cream for maximum smoothness".


Just like the Dairy Milk version, this dessert had a silky smooth texture that was absolutely gorgeous. It's different from any other similar chocolate dessert that I've tried before, it's just utter perfection texture wise. I'll say it again - it's smooooth.


The flavour here is just fantastic too. I must admit I was expecting a fairly average and very sweet white chocolate with perhaps some vanilla to it, but it's so much more than that. It's a deliciously indulgent white chocolate that has a rich caramel, rather than vanilla, undertone to it. The white chocolate is sweet without being overwhelmingly so, and it's very creamy without being too milky. The combination is just delicious and anyone who's a fan of white chocolate should try to track this down immediately.


There are three varieties in the Pots of Joy range; Dairy Milk, White Chocolate Buttons, and Caramel. I didn't think the Dairy Milk Pots of Joy was special enough to buy very often but I know that I won't be able to resist buying this White Chocolate Buttons variety again in the future. Look out for my review of the Caramel coming soon!

Note: I would have given these a much higher score based on taste, but unfortunately they contain pork gelatin which is a bit off putting.

Grocery Gems Verdict: Cadbury White Chocolate Buttons Pots of Joy

RATING: 8 out of 10.
Buy them again?: Yes!
Nutrition (per 70g)
160 calories. 3.4g protein,  21.3g carbohydrates, 6.6g fat.

Vegetarian: No - contain pork gelatin!
Purchased: Co-Op.
Price: £0.64p (on half price offer for 2 x 70g pots).



5 comments:

  1. I'll certainly be tracking this down immediately :) It sounds lovely, can't wait to try it! Asda do a white chocolate mousse dessert and I'm curious to see how these compare to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look forward to your review Kev - also would be interesting to know how it compares to other white chocolate desserts!

      Delete
  2. Oh my god, these look absolutely amazing and right up my street! Sounds soooo scrummy scrummy! Love my white chocolate...just really sucks, the end of the post with the ''pork gelatin'' as i'm vegetarian :( really sad now haha, These looks so amazing and your review makes them sound sooooooooooo delicious! Awesome piccies tho, Great post, Miss Katherine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh it's so annoying that they contain pork gelatin! I'm not vegetarian but it's just so unnecessary for a dessert like this. They are delicious though :(

      Delete
  3. Have you tried the "milkybar white chocolate dessert", if so how do each compare with each other?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...