22 Dec 2013

Costa Coffee Black Forest Hot Chocolate & Monin Festive Syrup Set!


I've tried quite a few of the festive drinks on offer at Costa Coffee (see my post here) and finally got around to trying the Black Forest Hot Chocolate. I know this has been around in previous years but this is the first time I've tried one. As you can see from my picture I had mine without cream. There was cherry syrup on top but it had mostly sunk through the foam. And there was a LOT of foam, almost a third of the drink. 


Despite that, I really did enjoy the flavour here. The cherry and chocolate combination is a real winner, especially from the cherry syrup on top. Strangely enough Costa Coffee use a Blackberry flavour Monin syrup within the coffee itself, but it still recreates a Black Forest flavour successfully. Overall this is a very delicious hot chocolate and I can see why it has been so popular for Costa Coffee. 


And if you want to recreate Costa Coffee's Christmas menu at home, such as the Toffee Nut Latte, Salted Caramel Latte, or indeed the Black Forest Hot Chocolate, then look out for the new Monin Festive Coffee Syrups set instore. It includes five Monin syrup bottles in the following flavours; Blackberry, Honeycomb, Gingerbread, Salted Caramel, and Toffee Nut. It's a great gift idea for any coffee (or hot chocolate) fan. I can't wait to recreate my favourite Salted Caramel Latte!


4 comments:

  1. These festive syrups look great, gutted I missed them at Christmas! Here's hoping they are available this Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a new festive Christmas syrup set for 2014! It has different flavours to reflect the new menu, such as Orange and Brownie. I bought a set today in Costa Coffee for £5.99 :)

      Delete
  2. They are so cheap, it's fantastic. The value for money is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, that drink looks dreadful! As a Barista Maestro, I'm sorry your hot choc was not up to full brand standard. But glad you enjoyed the drink :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...