17 Nov 2014

Costa Coffee Christmas Menu 2014 - Orange Hot Chocolate and Sticky Toffee Latte


In my previous post I highlighted the new Christmas Menu 2014 at Costa Coffee and reviewed the Praline Cappuccino and Brownie Hot Chocolate. I wanted to go back to try the Orange Hot Chocolate and Sticky Toffee Latte and that's exactly what we did this weekend.


The Sticky Toffee Latte (in the middle snowman cup) is served with cream and an extra drizzle of toffee sauce. It's lovely and sweet and the toffee flavour tastes just like that found in a sticky toffee pudding sauce. The whole thing is very warming and satisfying and I even preferred it to the Praline Cappuccino that I tried last week. 

The Orange Hot Chocolate is decorated with gold dusting and a lattice chocolate (which sadly had mostly sunk by the time I could take a photo!). It had a good balance between the chocolate and orange flavours. I often find chocolate orange too overpowering as a combination but the flavours blend together well here. I bought this mainly for my son but he didn't enjoy it as much as the Brownie Hot Chocolate.

What's your favourite drink from the Costa Christmas Menu 2014? Mine is now jointly held by the Sticky Toffee Latte and Black Forest Hot Chocolate.

2 comments:

  1. I can't drink coffee as I'm one of the rare people it has an anasthesia effect on! It just makes me so tired! I'll leave the science part for another day! So it does make going out with friends for a 'coffee' somewhat tricky, given that I'm also allergic to milk. Yes, I am the life and soul of the party! However, Costa have included a delicious spiced cone on and apple hot drink in their christmas range this year and it is delicious! It comes with a cinnemon stick and a star anise floating in the tall glass and is really delicious. It tastes very rounded, sweet and spicy, almost like an apple pie in a glass! I'm not a fan of mulled drinks and, despite being the biggest Scandiphile you'll meet, don't really get on with the iconic Ikea Glogg. But the spiced apple from Costa is absolutely delicious and well worth a try if you ever fancy something non coffee based .x.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cone on? That should say cinnemon*. Damn autocorrect.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...