10 Nov 2014

New M&M's Hot Chocolate with Mini M&M's


Earlier this year I reviewed the new range of Mars branded hot chocolate pouches, including; Magic Stars, Mars, Galaxy, Galaxy Ripple and Galaxy Caramel (see my review HERE). I was quite surprised to see a new addition to the range in the shops already - M&M's Hot Chocolate with Mini M&M's. This hot chocolate can be made with water or with milk and contains mini M&M's within the powder.


Initially there didn't look like there were any M&M's inside my pack, they weren't visible even when I shook the bag. However, when I scooped out three spoonfuls (I used a plate as I couldn't get a clear photo from the bottom of a mug), there were actually plenty of mini M&M's to be found. 


Once I made the hot chocolate the mini M&M's seemed to mostly sink to the bottom of the mug, but they were still noticeable as I was drinking, adding little bursts of extra chocolate flavour. The drink itself has a satisfying chocolate flavour that reminded me of dark chocolate (although that may be because I used water rather than milk and also made a fairly small cup). This M&M's Hot Chocolate also impressed me by not being too sweet, I was expecting it to be quite sugary but that wasn't the case at all, and added to the strength of the chocolate flavour. Overall it's a very enjoyable hot chocolate and a great addition to the range. I get the feeling that this one has been designed to enjoy with some whipped cream on top and extra M&M's to decorate! 

Grocery Gems Verdict: M&M's Hot Chocolate

RATING: 7 out of 10.
Buy them again?: Yes.
Nutrition (per 20g): 82 calories.
Purchased: Sainsbury's.
Price: £1.99 (140g pouch).



1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...