4 Oct 2016

Degustabox September Review - Surprise Foodie Box & £7 Discount Code!


The September Degustabox arrived filled with a lovely selection of surprise groceries. It's always exciting to open up a Degustabox and Septembers box was no exception. I was pleased to find several new brands and products that I haven't tried before.

Discount Code: BLDEG15


Degustabox is a monthly foodie subscription service that sends out a range of specially selected foodie products. There's always a great mix of new products that I haven't tried before, as well as plenty of treats from more established brands. Each Degustabox costs £12.99p, delivery costs are included in the price, and there is no fixed contract involved - you can cancel at any time.

The discount code has been increased and now offers a massive £7.00 off, bringing the cost to £6.99 delivered. Check out the Degustabox website below and enter the discount code: BLDEG15


Here's a quick round up of all the products I received in the September Degustabox:


Teisseire Raspberry & Cranberry: I've always wanted to try Teisseire syrups so this was a very welcome addition to the Degustabox. The combination of sweet raspberry and tangy cranberry is delicious in this 0% sugar drink. Everyone in my family enjoyed it and the bottle was finished all too soon! I'm looking forward to trying more from this range.


Hartley's Jelly Pots: These useful lunchbox pots are all made with no added sugar and are less than 10 calories per pot. My kids are not all that keen on jelly so I'll be saving these for my own little sweet treats. 


Cirio Borlotti Beans: A triple pack of steam-cooked borlotti beans which are a good source of dietary fibre and vitamins. I'm a fan of other Cirio canned products, especially their tinned tomatoes and passata, so I was interested to find that they also make canned beans. These small cans are useful for soups and even as a quick addition to salads and couscous.



Say Yes to No Bread Chips: I've tried these in a previous Degustabox. The brand is an unusual one, Say Yes To No state that they want to say NO to artificial flavours and additives, as well as "false promises, fake colours, advertising lies, artificial taste, and photoshopping". Anyway, thankfully they do want to say YES to tasty chips.


I received the Sour Cream & Onion Toasted Bread Chips which are circular bread bites that are full of flavour. The toasted bread base is crunchy and light, creating a tasty and moreish snack.


Cape Drinks: I've said before that I'm a big fan of iced tea so I was excited to find this interesting brand. Cape Drinks are a sparkling blend of Rooibos Tea and fruit juices with added vitamins, ginseng and natural botanical extracts. The flavours are very appealing; Peach & Lychee and Pineapple & Passion Fruit. I really enjoyed both flavours, they're refreshing, fruity and not too sweet.


Chia Bia Whole & Milled Chia Seed Sachets: Ever since I tried Chia Seeds a few years ago, I've been regularly sprinkling them on my morning porridge or on yogurts. I prefer these types of smaller sachets to big bags as they're more convenient for me.


Metcalfe's Popcorn Thins: An individually sealed pack of Metcalfe's Popcorn Thins. These are light and crispy with a satisfying topping of smooth Italian chocolate. The front of the pack says '82 calories per serving' but be careful as the small print on the back says that this pack is actually two servings! 


Emily Fruit Crisps Crunchy Banana: This is another brand that I've been wanting to try for a while. And oh my these are so good - thank you Degustabox! Each banana piece has a wonderfully crunchy and crispy texture, whilst the flavour is super sweet and creamy. I'll be trying out more from this range for sure.


Mrs Crimble's Gluten Free Pasta with Sauce: A packet of gluten free Fusilli pasta with a gourmet mushroom and cream sauce. It's easy to cook in around 10 minutes without much effort at all. I had to pass this one onto Mr. Grocery Gems as I've never been fond of creamy sauces on pasta. He really liked the strong mushroom flavour here and found it a very filling and quick lunch.



Get Fruity Pineapple, Coconut & Lime Bar: Get Fruity is an award-winning fruit and oat bar that has a high percentage of the named fruit. It's made with gluten free oats and virgin coconut oil with no added refined sugars. I tried the Get Fruity Strawberry Bar in a previous Degustabox and I absolutely loved the combination of oats and fruit. This Pineapple, Coconut & Lime flavour is just as delicious as I was expecting - so softly fruity and very filling.


Overall, I really enjoyed the surprise selection in this months Degustabox. Once again, there was a wonderful selection of new foodie treats. My favourites this month were the Get Fruity Bar, Cape Drinks, and the delicious Emily Fruit Crisps.

For more details on Degustabox:

Degustabox website: www.degustabox.com/en

I received a Degustabox in order to provide an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...